Sunday, November 8, 2009

Unnamed Sound

Click here for MP3

For this project, I took the Route 11 bus on Howell avenue going Southbound to a friend's house. I recorded my sounds around his house on Van Beck avenue. I stuck my microphones into a large PVC pipe in the backyard and waited for something interesting. Most of the noises I caught were either too obvious, or weren't impressive, but after awhile, I got something good. The clip is short because most of the recording was just the sound of wind in the pipe, so expanding the clip would have been pointless. I got the piece I wanted, short as it may be. The bus ride was, to me, nothing special as I take the bus everywhere I go anyhow. To some it's an experience, to some it's frightening, to me, it's part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment